My HP wont start up - Please Help!

Closed
panda - Jun 30, 2009 at 02:08 PM
twingdings Posts 1 Registration date Monday June 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2009 - Jun 30, 2009 at 03:37 PM
Hello,

I hope someone can help me on here... My HP Compaq nx6325 laptop just doesnt want to work. It served me well for almost 3 years, and now it just wants to die. Its starts up, gets to the Windows screen, goes black for a few seconds, then comes up with the HP screen, offering F9 and F10 as options, then goes black again with Press 11 for Emergency Recovery.

I have tried fiddling around with the F9 and F10 options, and also tried to start it up in other modes, like safe or last know settings, but to no avail... :(

I dont care about the computer, all I want is to get the information off my Hard Drive, as I have saved all my photos on there for years, and now there is a risk that they are all gone-forever!

Can anyone tell me if there is any chance of saving the info on my hard drive or if there is something I can buy to transfer the info from the hard drive onto?

Thanks
Related:

1 response

twingdings Posts 1 Registration date Monday June 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2009
Jun 30, 2009 at 03:37 PM
Have you tried booting from your Vista DVD?