WhatsApp lost after transfer between phones

Closed
Dondon - Apr 1, 2023 at 06:22 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Apr 2, 2023 at 04:29 PM

Hello, I recently bought a new iPhone to replace my old iPhone 6.  I transferred everything to the new phone,  transferred my old number to the new one and then delete all contents from the old iPhone.  I had checked that all the icons including my WhatsApp had transferred.  Upon opening this app I was asked to input my phone number.  This hadn’t changed so I input the number and was then asked to verify my identity using my old phone number for a code.  This is impossible as the phone no longer functions. Help!!

Don Tinkler    

iPhone / Chrome 111.0.5563.101

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Updated on Apr 2, 2023 at 04:31 PM

Hi,

Did you try choosing Didn't receive a verification code when asked to confirm your identity from your old iPhone? If so, then I suggest you try reactivating WhatsApp on your old iPhone.

Configure your old iPhone and reinstall WhatsApp to proceed to the activation of your account. If you've a iTunes or iCloud backup, restore the iPhone from your backup.

Once you've activated your account, uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp on your new iPhone and proceed to the activation. Keep WhatsApp activated on the old iPhone - it will be automatically logged out once your account is ready on your new iPhone.

Good luck