How to restore latest back up

Closed
Jh - Apr 8, 2023 at 01:11 AM
FlorenceH_6608 Posts 3 Registration date Monday June 5, 2023 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2023 - Jun 5, 2023 at 04:50 AM

Hello,

I have backed up my wats up in my old iphone before doing transfer to the new iphone. When I take new iphone , instal wats up, login with the same number, go to restore from icloude, the result is that new phone restores not the latest back up from old phone, but restores some type of old back up which exisited in in new iphone. 

how to transfer the latest back up of whats up?

iPhone / Safari 604.1

2 responses

To restore your latest iPhone backup, follow these steps:

1. Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable that came with your device.

2. Open iTunes on your computer, or if you have a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, open Finder.

3. Select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes or Finder.

4. In the Summary tab, click on the "Restore Backup" button.

5. Select the most recent backup file from the list of available backups.

6. Click "Restore" and wait for the process to complete. This may take some time depending on the size of your backup file and the speed of your computer.

7. After the restore process is complete, your iPhone will restart and you can disconnect it from your computer.

Note that restoring a backup will erase all data on your iPhone and replace it with the data from the backup file. Make sure you have a recent backup before proceeding with the restore process.

FlorenceH_6608 Posts 3 Registration date Monday June 5, 2023 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2023 1
Jun 5, 2023 at 04:50 AM

To transfer the latest WhatsApp backup from your old iPhone to the new iPhone, you can try the following steps:

1. Backup old iPhone's WhatsApp in iCloud.
  2. Install WhatsApp on new iPhone.
  3. Login with same number.
  4. Restore from iCloud backup.
  5. Select the latest backup.
  6. Wait for restore to complete.
  7. Contact WhatsApp support if needed.