Microphone doesn't work on video calls, does on normal calls

DarraghFG - Updated on May 6, 2023 at 10:53 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - May 8, 2023 at 08:50 AM

Hello,

I am trying to make video calls on WhatsApp, however when I do the recipient cannot hear me, however they can hear me just fine on regular WA calls.

Any help would be appreciated.​​​​​​​
Android / Chrome 111.0.5563.58

Related:

2 responses

ravida_1351 Posts 57 Registration date Thursday March 23, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2023 3
May 6, 2023 at 08:23 AM

Have you checked the settings to make sure WhatsApp can access your microphone? Sometimes apps may become incapable of using certain features if not granted permission beforehand.

If this doesn't solve it, try restarting and then opening WhatsApp again; sometimes bugs get addressed through updates which could resolve this issue. Finally, it may also be worthwhile checking if any updates for WhatsApp exist that might address such an issue as well.

If neither of those steps work, try switching devices or video calling apps and see if the issue persists. If it does, this could indicate an issue with your microphone itself and you should get professional advice asap.

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
May 8, 2023 at 08:50 AM

Hi,

Check that WhatsApp has access to your microphone and camera. If this is the case, you can try disabling and enabling these permissions. In addition, the Camera app should have access to your microphone to avoid any issue.

Try also whitelisting WhatsApp from the battery optimization list. If the problem with the video calls persists, back up your data and uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.