PC Hacked - Facebook account hijacked, Facebook won't help

cornwallav8r Posts 4 Registration date Thursday June 8, 2023 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2023 - Jun 8, 2023 at 03:26 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14315 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 26, 2024 - Jun 12, 2023 at 02:26 PM

I've gone round and round with Facebook recovery to no avail. The hacker in Indonesia apparently, changed my email address and telephone number on my account, and despite about 8 tries, going through Facebook's verification procedure, I get rejected.  The icon for my account shows up when I go to Facebook.com, I click on it, so it's definitely still in there, but I don't know the password or tel number they changed it to so I am stuck.  What can I do?

Related:

2 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14315 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 26, 2024 1,891
Jun 11, 2023 at 07:57 AM

Hi,

Follow the instructions in this article to recover your hacked Facebook account. There, you'll find different methods for account recovery.

Check also your email account (and spam), Facebook may have sent you a message allowing you to revert the change of your contact info.

Good luck

cornwallav8r Posts 4 Registration date Thursday June 8, 2023 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2023 1
Jun 11, 2023 at 09:36 AM

I've been through all these several times before. The option to use trusted friends to verify your account has been long eliminated, so that's not an option, plus my account doesn't even show up in the system.  I Still have the icon for my old account from which to start the process again, but since I don't have the changed email or password, it's a runaround.  And now, even days later, I get this nonsense when I try again:

• It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast. You’ve been temporarily blocked from using it.
  • If you think this doesn't go against our Community Standards let us know.

What a fiasco.  It's like FB doesn't want people back.

cornwallav8r Posts 4 Registration date Thursday June 8, 2023 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2023 1 > cornwallav8r Posts 4 Registration date Thursday June 8, 2023 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2023
Jun 11, 2023 at 09:41 AM

I went through the photo ID submission at least 5 times now, it gets rejected.  Now I can't even do that, it wants a matching account email to enable submission, which of course no longer exists since the hacker changed it.

HelpiOS Posts 14315 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 26, 2024 1,891
Jun 12, 2023 at 02:26 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the info about the "trusted friends" option.

I suggest you wait a few days before trying new attempts to recover your account. Clear also your Web browser's cookies and cache.

After a few days, try reporting again to Facebook that your account is hacked by going to this recovery page. Perform the recovery process from a familiar location and a device you usually use to access your account.

If you still can't regain control of your account, try going to your profile page, and select the 3 dots below the cover photo > Find support or report > Something else > Next > Recover this account.

Good luck