WhatsApp Web photos always sideways

Closed
ReggieP - Updated on Aug 13, 2021 at 12:33 PM
 Catherina - Oct 31, 2021 at 04:28 PM
Hello,

I have photos that I have taken with my Samsung phone and have downloaded them to a folder on my PC. When I try to send a photo via WhatsApp Web, it always sends it sideways, no matter the orientation of the original or which way I turn it in File Manager. It always sends it in Landscape mode instead of Portrait. Is there a way to rotate it in WhatsApp Web? It's driving me crazy!
However, photos taken on an iPhone that I have on my PC do show up in the correct orientation in WhatsApp Web.

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 92.0.4515.131
Related:

3 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14309 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 1,891
Aug 13, 2021 at 06:03 PM
Indeed, I'm sure that you're not the only person who has similar problems. I think the problem occurs due to the phone's settings, perhaps...

As you said that the photos taken with your iPhone appear correctly on WhatsApp Web and not with your Samsung phone, try comparing the settings between them.

Check if the screen rotation is on or off, if they use the same photo format and resolution, and if the camera settings on your Samsung are defined in the same way as your iPhone. This should help to understand what is causing the problem.