Vaio VGN-CR160F sound problem

Closed
c2sP Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 4, 2009 - Jul 3, 2009 at 10:45 AM
 Joaquin - May 21, 2010 at 01:12 PM
Hello,

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-CR160F with Windows Vista and all of a sudden the sound stopped working. I hear the inicial sounds of start up but then nothing at all. I tried updating the Realtek HD audio driver but it says it's updated and that there's nothing wrong with it. When I disable and then enable the driver the sound comes back for a few minutes and then stops again.
Could someone help me fix this problem?
Thank you in advance.
Related:

6 responses

Thank you Pg, thank you Daldo, I tried doing both things but the problem remains. The only thing that seems to work is to disable/enable the driver a couple of times. I've read about people with this same problem in lots of forums but nobody seems to be able to fix it completely. It really is exasperating.
Blocked Profile
Jul 3, 2009 at 11:32 AM
Dear sir,

I think that you should check your volume control settings! If you can't hear other programs sounds may be the volume is low or muted!!

Thanks
c2sP Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 4, 2009
Jul 4, 2009 at 10:17 AM
Of course the volume is not muted and everything in the settings is supposed to be fine...
Open the Device Manager, select the "Realtek High Definition Audio" icon and delete it. Do not remove the drivers if the system asks to do it.
Restart the laptop and wait for its automatic detection.
This usually works until new Windows updates are installed.
I hope this will help you. Godd luck!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Go to Realtek in the device manager and push the Rollback button thats what i did and it worked.