Using a phone with in built modem one can browse the Internet using their computer.
The following steps should be followed to use a computer and connect to the Internet using the BSNL GPRS connection on the phone. The following settings are for a Windows XP computer.
* Connect the bluetooth dongle to a USB port of the computer and install any drivers if required.
* Pair your phone and the PC over bluetooth. (For exact details of how to pair the PC and your phone, please refer to the user manual that came with the PC and the phone.)
* Once pairing is over the computer would recognize the phone as a modem over bluetooth connection also and will start the services required for it over a particular COM port.
* Now Open System Properties (Win Key + Pause/Break is the easiest way to do this). Click on Hardware tab and then on Device Manager button.
* This will open a window where all the hardware on your PC is listed. Click the `+' to expand the Modems and select the "Standard Modem over Bluetooth link #x"
* Double click on it. The Properties window for this modem willopen. Click on Advanced tab. In the Extra Initialization Commands textbox fill - "AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","bsnlsouth"" <without quotes>.Without this string the computer will not connect to the Internet, but it will throw a PPP Link error. Please note that the "bsnlsouth" mentioned above is the access point name in your GPRS connection settings of your phone. (or gprssouth.cellone.in)
Error 724 with Bluetooth Bsnl GPRS Connection
* Click OK, close the Device Manager. * Go to Control Panel -> Network Connections. Click File -> New Connection. In the New Connection Wizard that comes up, follow these steps:
- Click Next
- Select Connect to the Internet and click Next.
- Select Set up my connection manually and click Next.
- Select Connect using a dial-up modem and click Next.
- Enter "BSNL GPRS" in the ISP Name text box and click Next.
- Enter "*99#" in the Phone Number text box and click Next.
- Chose the connection availability as per your discretion and click Next.
- Leave User name and password blank. Uncheck the check boxes if needed and click Next.
- Tick the check box to have a short cut on your desktop and click Finish.
Make sure that you are following these steps properly .
It may depend on which version of linux but this forum should be able to help
as it deals with a huge range of different versions of linux but is dedicated to linux support.
It might be worth popping along to
https://distrowatch.com/ to see if you recognise which of those versions of linux you are using. If you see your version listed down on the right-hand side then click on it and navigate to the "User Forums" for your version of linux. They should be able to give much better help in there.