Server problem

Closed
gaurav - Jul 4, 2009 at 06:13 AM
Tom6 Posts 142 Registration date Friday July 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 7, 2009 - Aug 4, 2009 at 10:22 AM
Hello,

i have a problem with my dedicated linux server.

First, i have never used a dedicated server. Till now i have been operating it through the cpanel and now i am stuck up with a problem, (the solution i found on the web, but now in order to correct the files mentioned into the solution i do not know what commands to use on the terminal for my linux system. The solution is as below: Please, guide me through the commands of linux so that i can correct all these of my problems.

------------------SOLUTION ON THE WEB--------------------------

took at look at your server and figured out what was wrong.

1. You had San Antonio caching nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf, but your server is in Virginia. The caching nameservers do not respond to queries from IP addresses in other datacenters, so all of your DNS lookups were failing. Corrected.

2. /etc/rndc.key was blank. Copied the key entry out of /etc/rndc.conf and put it in /etc/rndc.key .

3. The rndc key name was incorrect in /etc/named.conf . The key is "rndc-key" but named.conf had "rndckey". Corrected.

It should be working now. This was your freebie.

-knightfoo
-------------------SOLUTION END--------------------------------------

thanks in advance

1 response

Tom6 Posts 142 Registration date Friday July 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 7, 2009 16
Aug 4, 2009 at 10:22 AM
Hi :)

It may depend on which version of linux but this forum should be able to help
http://www.linuxquestions.org
as it deals with a huge range of different versions of linux but is dedicated to linux support.

It might be worth popping along to
https://distrowatch.com/
to see if you recognise which of those versions of linux you are using. If you see your version listed down on the right-hand side then click on it and navigate to the "User Forums" for your version of linux. They should be able to give much better help in there.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)