For security reasons, the email server uses a POP3 protocol, so ensure that your email program supports an encrypted SSL connection before proceeding with the setup of the incoming and outgoing servers. Read on for all the details on how to do this on Gmail.
Is a Gmail account IMAP or POP?
Gmail mainly runs on the IMAP system, however, it also offers POP server access.
What are incoming and outgoing servers for Gmail?
Setting up Gmail on a mail client will require the following incoming (IMAP) and outgoing (SMTP) mail servers:
- Gmail's Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.gmail.com (SSL enabled, port 995).
- Gmail's Outgoing Mail Server will use the SMTP mail server address provided by your local ISP. You can also use smtp.gmail.com (SSL enabled, port 465).
How to find my incoming and outgoing Gmail servers?
- To find your incoming and outgoing Gmail servers, log into your Gmail account and go to Settings.
- Go to Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP or Enable POP.
- Click Save changes.
- You will see the ports number next to IMAP/SMTP tabs.
- Gmail incoming mail server
- Incoming mail server for gmail
- Incoming mail server gmail
- How to configure a BSNL e-mail POP/SMTP settings in Outlook > Guide
- How to sync email account on iPhone: Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook > Guide
- My incoming mail server & outgoing mail server [solved] > Forum - Gmail
- Outlook connect to your incoming (POP3) [solved] > Forum - Outlook
- Incoming & outgoing mail server for gmail [solved] > Forum - Gmail
- Recover Gmail account: without phone number, recovery email
- Attach files on Gmail: on Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac
- Use Unicode (UTF-8) encoding for outgoing messages on Gmail
- How to turn off important in Gmail?
- Send voice messages via Gmail: from PC, iPhone, Android
- Recover Gmail password: via phone number, security questions
- Create a new Gmail account: without phone number, for child
- Add an image to Gmail signature: with or without a URL
- How to hyperlink text in Gmail?
- Turn off Gmail notifications: Android, iPhone, Chrome
- How to 'Reply All' in Gmail?
- Set swipe gestures in Gmail: swipe to delete, archive
- How to sign in with another account in Gmail
- Transfer Gmail contacts: to iCloud iPhone/iPad
- Change your Gmail password: on iPhone, Android, computer
- How to cancel a sent email on Gmail?
- How to stop auto-download email attachments in the Gmail app
- Restore deleted Gmail emails: from spam, trash
- How old is my Google account?
- Delete search history in the Gmail app: iPhone, Android, PC
- Set Gmail as the default inbox on Android
- Confidential mode on Gmail: encryption and attachments
- How to turn on read receipts on Gmail
- How to use Gmail to send and receive emails
- Stop unwanted emails in Gmail: block users, report spam
- Delete your Gmail account permanently: from computer, phone
- Access your Gmail account: via iPhone, Android, PC
- How to manage multiple accounts on Gmail app
- Change profile picture in Gmail: on Android, iPhone, desktop
- How to add a profile picture to your Gmail account?
- How to enable the spell checker on Gmail?
- Add a signature in Gmail: via Android, iPhone, computer
- How to send emails as attachments in Gmail
- Create and switch between multiple signatures in Gmail
- What Is Gmail Go?
- Block ads in Gmail: remove, extensions, spam