For security reasons, the email server uses a POP3 protocol, so ensure that your email program supports an encrypted SSL connection before proceeding with the setup of the incoming and outgoing servers. Read on for all the details on how to do this on Gmail.
Is a Gmail account IMAP or POP?
Gmail mainly runs on the IMAP system, however, it also offers POP server access.
What are incoming and outgoing servers for Gmail?
Setting up Gmail on a mail client will require the following incoming (IMAP) and outgoing (SMTP) mail servers:
- Gmail's Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.gmail.com (SSL enabled, port 995).
- Gmail's Outgoing Mail Server will use the SMTP mail server address provided by your local ISP. You can also use smtp.gmail.com (SSL enabled, port 465).
How to find my incoming and outgoing Gmail servers?
- To find your incoming and outgoing Gmail servers, log into your Gmail account and go to Settings.
- Go to Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP or Enable POP.
- Click Save changes.
- You will see the ports number next to IMAP/SMTP tabs.
- Gmail server settings
- Gmail incoming mail server
- Incoming mail server gmail
- Gmail attachment settings > Guide
- Hotmail server settings android
- How to configure a BSNL e-mail POP/SMTP settings in Outlook > Guide
- How to Sync Mail to iPhone
- SMTP, IMAP, and POP Server Settings for Major ISPs
- Transfer Gmail contacts: to iCloud iPhone/iPad
- Set swipe gestures in Gmail: swipe to delete, archive
- Change profile picture in Gmail: Android, iPhone, desktop
- How to hyperlink text in Gmail?
- Delete search history in the Gmail app: iPhone, Android, PC
- How to turn off important in Gmail?
- How to 'Reply All' in Gmail?
- How to stop auto-download email attachments in the Gmail app
- Turn off Gmail notifications: Android, iPhone, Chrome
- Stop unwanted emails in Gmail: block users, report spam
- How old is my Google account?
- How to sign in with another account in Gmail
- How to send emails as attachments in Gmail
- Set Gmail as the default inbox on Android
- How to turn on read receipts on Gmail
- Confidential mode on Gmail: encryption and attachments
- Create and switch between multiple signatures in Gmail
- Use Unicode (UTF-8) encoding for outgoing messages on Gmail
- How to manage multiple accounts on Gmail app
- Recover Gmail password: via phone number, security questions
- How to add a profile picture to your Gmail account?
- How to enable the spell checker on Gmail?
- Add a signature in Gmail: via Android, iPhone, computer
- How to use Gmail to send and receive emails
- Restore deleted Gmail emails: from spam, trash
- Send voice messages via Gmail: from PC, iPhone, Android
- What Is Gmail Go?
- Add an image to Gmail signature: with or without a URL
- Delete your Gmail account permanently: from computer, phone
- Create a new Gmail account: without phone number, for child
- How to cancel a sent email on Gmail?
- Recover Gmail account: without phone number, recovery email
- Change your Gmail password: on iPhone, Android, computer
- Access your Gmail account: via iPhone, Android, PC