How to connect another router

Closed
Jepbaypoint - Jul 4, 2009 at 12:45 PM
KATMAI Posts 23 Registration date Sunday December 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 10, 2009 - Dec 8, 2009 at 03:05 AM
I have one linksys router connected to a cable modem in one room sending out a wireless signal. I have another linksys router that I want to have pick up the signal from the other router the other room so I can connect a video game system to with an ethernet cable. Is this possible? I DO NOT want to run like 30ft. of ethernet cable from one room to the other. Does anybody have certain directions I can follow to do this? All I need is directions anything will help, thanks.
Related:

4 responses

afsgun Posts 275 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2009 38
Jul 5, 2009 at 03:19 AM
hi,

you won't be able to use the two routers.

if you want to get wireless connection for your video game, you may use a Wifi Pen.

thus you will be able to access the net.
Hi

Yes you can you may wont to contact your ISP first to make sure. You wont one wireless router connect to another, you can type the address 192.168.1.1 you should be able to access your first routers settings. Depending on the router you will be able to bridge or port foward to your second router. Your second router settings should be changed to your first router's. Make sure you disable your first routers firewall because the 2 may conflict with each other. If you dont wont to go to the trouble of doing that you can buy router bridges designed to extend the wireless range. For better detail email any company like linksys or D-link ext. for more help.
epsiman Posts 306 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2010 162
Jul 27, 2009 at 01:27 AM
Wifi is a solution but 2 routers i don't think it will possible!
KATMAI Posts 23 Registration date Sunday December 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 10, 2009
Dec 8, 2009 at 03:05 AM
yeah you have to bridge your internet connection with the other router, 1st router should be set as wireless router and the 2nd router act as a bridge.
but, consider the model of the router you have if will allow you to make a bridge connection.