Server ip not showing to others

Closed
byrd64 - Jun 26, 2008 at 10:41 AM
 Shashank - Jun 27, 2008 at 02:59 AM
Hello,
im using xp and i run a game server ..running dsl but it still gives me a 192.168 ip and other with extenral ips cant connect to me ...how do i get my modem to show my external ip to other in game server cod4?,,on my lan conn thing on taskbar its a internal ip 192.168. x x ...been workin on this forever ..there should be a easy way

1 response

hi,
to do this you will have to configre your modem if its having port forwarding option availaible, and also you will have to assign static ip to your server(like 192.168.1.10) . also their must be a TCP port assign to your game server. take the help of your ISP and ask them you want to configre port forwarding on your modem because only your ISP can configre the modem.

another option is that you get your public ip directly on your server not on the modem so again take the help of your ISP to get it done.

at last if you don't have a static ip internet connection then you will have also have to configre the Dynamic DNS for this you can go to www.dyndns.org and its a free service.

try the steps contact your ISP and let me know about it at my email think_different56@yahoo.co.in