Obtain IP address failed - PS3

Solved/Closed
Bmac - Updated on Dec 8, 2019 at 02:25 PM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Dec 9, 2019 at 08:05 AM
I am new to the PS3 and our house recently got a new modem. I am unable to connect to the internet
Related:

3 responses

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Dec 8, 2019 at 06:02 AM
Hello there,

A similar question was resolved in this forum post on a wireless connection issue with their PS3. Here is the best answer:

what solved my problem was simply moving the cordless phone away from my ps3. Because it was blocking the wifi signal from reaching. For those of you skeptical about this go. I tried everything else unplugging the router disabling the wifi for a few minutes, restoring settings. All to no avail, than my friend tells me to move my cordless phone because it's blocking the wifi. At first I didn't believe him but tried it anyway. And tada it worked like a charm, so it helps to try every option than just assuming. There isn't a one size fits all solution.

If that doesn't resolve your issue, there was also a link to this PS3 manual page.

Hope this helps,
David

David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Dec 8, 2019 at 06:04 AM
There is also this forum answer on how to obtain the IP address for a PS3, with the best answer of:

before doing this switch off your router for 30 secs and then switch it back on..
a) instead of selecting easy choose custom when on connection settings
b) scan through and do not make any changes allowing it to select everything automatically
c) when going through the connections let it check your DNS server, I.P address automatically

check connection settings and your done

the difference is most people select easy, but in this case you need to select custom and go through the options without making any changes

Good luck!
That did it, thanks David
Dec 8, 2019 at 02:25 PM
Perfect, glad I could help !