How to Retrieve my lost files

Solved/Closed
Udle - Jun 28, 2008 at 09:59 PM
 ryan - Jun 17, 2010 at 09:38 AM
Hello,
My problem is I accidentally performed PC RECOVERY without knowing what it does (haha, yeah, stupid, right?). So anyway, I lost all those important files because the whole thing was reset to its factory features. So how do I retrieve all my data? My unit is HP PAvillion dv2000. THANKS!
Related:

47 responses

How can I recover my lost files my mother board went bad and the hard drive was replased at the same time,my pc was returrned to factory settings.
I purchased Power Data Recovery. Best investment EVER!!!! I accidently changed file system to "RAW" and couldnt access this drive. this software not only accessed the drive but recovered all my music, programs and pictures!!! Nice!
PURE SICK DEAD
Feb 10, 2009 at 12:07 PM
PANDORA RECOVERY (DOWNLOAD.COM) IS FREE AND WORKS GREAT. I HAD TO REINSTALL WINDOWS BECAUSE OF A VIRUS. MY SISTERS STUFF WAS PASSWORD PROTECTED SO I HAD TO REINSTALL WITHOUT SAVINGS HER PICS AND MUSIC. NEEDLESS TO SAY SHE WAS DEVASTATED(16 YE AR OLD DRAMA QUEEN) , THIS PROGRAM SAVED ME FROM A BIG NIGHTMARE . I WAS ABLE TO RECOVERY ABOUT 10,000 JPEG PHOTOS, 500 GIF & BITMAP, AND A GOOD MANY MP3'S. DO THIS ASAP. THE LONGER YOU WAIT THE MORE LIKELY THE FILES WILL BE DAMaGED OR UNSAVABLE!!!!!

ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE 12-0 REGULAR SEASON!
here is the most routine 10 tips if you need file recovery. just checkout this link
http://digitdiary.co.nr/2010/05/10-tips-if-you-need-data-recovey.html

Read all, then proceed
I had a little problem with my external hardrive and now I cant access it unless I format the hardrive, I understand that I have lost all my data at this point but I also understand that I can retrieve them all, I have installed 'Undelete Plus' but it cant read the external hardrive which leads me to believe that I must format the hardrive in order to retrieve the lost data, which brings me to this question...Will formating the hardrive cause me to lose all my data, or is that the next step?

any ideas?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hey,
Search google for a program called Resotration it is free and works perfectly.
i founded my data from My PC you can also recover your data from Data Recovery Software.... My friend suggest me this is very helpful software

Ok you want recover your HP PAvillion dv2000 Laptop and your Configuration: Windows XP
Internet Explorer 6.0 so you have to chooose that software visit here Windows Data Recovery I am dame sure you can recover your deleted files from your Laptop
i founded my data from My PC you can also recover your data from Data Recovery Software
Amurri_Eva Posts 1 Registration date Thursday March 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2009
Apr 27, 2009 at 06:18 AM
I would suggest to use a recovery tool File Recovery Software which I had used last time when I lost my all files and data.This software has been designed with advanced file recovery techniques and unique file recovery abilities for all data loss cases, your files has been lost or deleted can results in data loss.
http://www.file-recovery-software.net/
Also .....

If you are on one of the Vista 'Home' versions and want to find or restore just some files or folders from System Restore but WITHOUT restoring everything else, then have a look at the free 'Shadow Explorer'.

https://www.shadowexplorer.com/

aratwilightgirl
May 8, 2009 at 07:00 PM
My mom gave me her new phone and I deleted all her phone numbers. I can't get them back. Now my mom won't talk to me. HELP ME!! :(
using "PC Recovery" from manufacturer is destructive operation much like phoenix, you burn it down and reborn like new --to the point of shipping, this process will format out your disk drive (thus everything is gone) and restore with OEM OS( thus overwrite on the same disk where your files were), so it's unlikely you'll be able to retrieve your files back easily.

you do have small chance to recover piece of files on the not-yet-been-over-write disk sectors if you using appropriate software do a full disk scan. (use other system to recover this as data disk, or try several applications, as they all have different result)
me too! I have the sme problem as yours and I also dont know what to do.I hope somebody here will help us!
me too! I have the sme problem as yours and I also dont know what to do.I hope somebody here will help us!
my data as accidently deleted from hardisk and it is very imortant so pls help me to get my data back
very first thing I can tell you that if the deletion happened a long before then the chances to get your data back are very low. but if you are wise enough then you must have keep your disk intact.

things becomes very different when we talk about the drive format on which your data was originally existed.
in these cases you need a very advance and highly sophisticated disk data recovery software with file carving technologies because there are chances that you must have changed your disk structure and your earlier disk was fragmented.

i think Disk recovery software from www.sysinfotools.com would be better for you. you can also try some other free softwares listed there.
help me if theres other way to recover my files if they reformat
all my stuff when on my phone haw do I get it back
I have just copied and pasted my old user account files, I want to copy them into my new user account files, on Windows Vista. It will not copy and paste in to the new user account.
hi I have a assus laptop by mistake I format my laptop without saving my files , I didnt have recovery software installed, so is there any chance of getting my data back please help ,thank you
t have a data in my f drive.but I lock that data by folder lock software which was install in system drive c.i format my all drives.now I have to recover that all data of drive f.my laptop has a 4 partitions