CD driver always showing cd is empty

Closed
Moorthy - Jul 22, 2009 at 02:17 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 22, 2009 at 03:25 AM
Hello,

I have a VISTA HP Pavilion DV6700 laptop. When i insert the cd in the drive, system saying cd is empty. It's going for burn opion. CD driver is not reading my CD.
How to make my cd drive to readable. I reinstalled the cd rom driver also. still am facing the same problem.
Please guide me in this regard.

Thanks
-Rajesh
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 22, 2009 at 03:25 AM
hi rajesh i have been looking for a solution fopr you so:

: Click Start , right-click Computer , and then select Properties .

:In the System pane, click the Device Manager link,then allow the computer to access the Device Manager.

:In Device Manager, click the plus sign (+) next to the type of driver you want to uninstall and reinstall (

:Highlight each listed driver one at a time and press the delete key then confirm that you want to delete the selected drivers. Do not restart the PC.

:In the Device Manager pane, click the Scan for hardware changes button (near the top). Windows Vista scans your system for hardware and installs default drivers for anything that requires drivers.

:check, under the appropriate portion of the list, that your device drivers are listed once again.

Once the device drivers have been reinstalled and are listed again, try running your program again.
so now it shall be fine so relax and enjoy.