Automatic Updates

Closed
ComputerRob1 Posts 7 Registration date Sunday May 4, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2009 - Jul 6, 2008 at 08:10 AM
 rasput - Jul 26, 2008 at 01:56 AM
Hi,

If is recommended to activate automatic Updates on Windows , I think that it will decrease my connection Speed.

Can someone confirm me

2 responses

you can set the time when you want it to update, so you can set it to check and download when you are asleep. I often turn auto update off for a long period of time personally, but that is because my inet cap. you can also set it to notify you but not download until you want them and which updates you want.
all these options are in control panel->security center
jenifer0703 Posts 22 Registration date Tuesday April 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2009 9
Jul 6, 2008 at 11:37 AM
In fact when your automatic updates is on each time your are connected to the internet windows will be downloading updates

But i should not recommended you to let it activate since it will consume your internet connection and sometimes the update can be corrupted and cause damage and conflicts to your OS
In fact when your automatic updates is on each time your are connected to the internet windows will be downloading updates 

this is not true, it doesnt update all the time, only when new updates are available and only at the time you specify.
i believe the default time is "everyday at 3am"