This article will explain how to disable automatic updates in Windows 7, 8, and 10.
How to pause Windows 10 automatic updates?
Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Pause Updates, which allows you to postpone downloading and installing new features (via Microsoft Windows Update) for up to 35 days. After that, your computer will update without you being able to pause them again, so this is a temporary solution. If you want to disable the updates, see the next section.
To enable this feature, press the Windows + I keys, or click on Start menu and select the cogwheel to open Settings. Then click on Update and Security. In Windows Update, you can select Pause Updates for 7 days or click Advanced and select the date until which you want to pause updates:
How to turn off automatic updates on Windows 10?
If you'd prefer to turn off automatic updates in Windows 10, follow these steps:
Type "services.msc" in the search field next to the Start menu and click Services. In the list of services that appears, scroll down to find Windows Update and double-click on it.
On the General tab, expand the Startup Type menu and select Disabled. Then click OK and restart your computer.
The next time you want to perform a Windows update, you can do it manually by going to Settings > Update and Security > Check for Updates button. Even if you install the updates after a while, be sure to do so, because they allow you to keep your computer protected, fix operating system errors and add new features.
How do I enable automatic updates? If you decide to turn them on again, just go to the same location in Services > Windows Update > General tab, and in the Startup Type menu, select Automatic and press OK.
How to turn off automatic updates on Windows 8?
To turn off automatic updating in Windows 8, press the Windows + Q keys to open the side menu. There, click Search and type Control Panel. Next, select System and Security. Under Windows Update, click Turn automatic updating on or off. Then, under the Important Updates choose Don't check for updates from the drop-down menu.
Finally, click OK.
How to turn off automatic updates on Windows 7?
If you want to turn off automatic updating in Windows 7, click Start > Control Panel > Windows Update. Click Change settings. Then, from the drop-down menu under Important updates select Never check for updates (not recommended):
Finally, click OK.
- How to stop windows 7 update
- Windows 7 disable updates
- How to stop auto update in windows 7
- View update history: Windows 7 > Guide
- Microsoft Security Essentials > Download
- Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad > Guide
- Fix the Windows security bug: Print Nightmare > Guide
- How to activate a pirated version of Windows? > Guide
- How to save ping report in text file?
- Clear RAM on Windows: via cmd, shortcut, without rebooting
- Microsoft Windows 11: release date, download, beta, update
- Enable/Disable device via command line
- Disable password at login: On Windows 7/8.1/10
- Install apps on Windows 10: via Run, without Microsoft store
- How to enable the screen reader: on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- How to check power usage on Windows PC?
- Execute a script in Windows: at startup and shutdown
- Network PC asking for username and password: Windows 10
- How to open MSI file: on Mac, in Android, in Windows 10
- How to create an icon in Paint
- Stop CMD from closing: automatically, after running program
- Java update tab missing: Windows 10
- Enable or disable the welcome screen: Windows 7, 8, 10, 11
- Fix disk boot failure: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10
- How to use TV as second monitor: with HDMI, Windows 10
- Disable right click: Windows 10, Windows 11
- Set up your MagicJack: On Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- Most common Windows error codes and how to fix them
- How to eject USB flash drive with a keyboard shortcut?
- How to check software installed date in Windows
- Removing the files remaining after uninstalling a program
- Stay online when switching user account: Windows
- Computer error codes list and solutions
- Exe files not opening: Windows 7, Windows 10, Vista, XP
- How to create an Autorun.inf file: in Windows 7
- Start/Stop a Service on Windows: command line, 10
- Restart Windows without restarting computer: Windows 10
- How to rip copy protected CD: Windows Media Player
- How to disable network sharing on Windows Media Player?
- How to check laptop battery health: Windows 8, 10
- How to rotate multiple images: at once, Windows 10
- ipconfig command: in Windows, not found
- How to enable/disable administrator account in Windows?
- How to know if you need more RAM on Windows 10?
- Disable Deepfreeze: from Command Prompt, without password
- Md5sum download and how to use
- Windows task manager missing menus and tabs
- Reset PC to factory settings: Windows 11, 10, 8.1
- How to clear recent files: Windows 11,10,8.1
- How to set Command Prompt size: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7
- How to enable touchpad: Windows 10, on laptop
- Restore a Windows PC to factory settings without disc
- Recover deleted music files in Windows Media Player
- How to stop my Windows background from changing?
- How to fix Limited or No Connectivity issues on Windows?
- How to uninstall apps on Microsoft Surface
- Open SWF files in Windows and Android
- How to change account name in Windows 8.1
- Disable print spooler: on Windows 7, 10, 11
- Windows volume icon: not working, not showing
- USB hard drive not showing up: Windows
- Kernel Stack Inpage Error on Windows: how to fix?
- How to turn off airplane mode: Windows 11,10,8.1,8
- Disable the Touchpad when mouse is connected: Windows 11, 10
- How to fix sound problems: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- How to start system restore from command line in Windows
- How to disable network access to Windows registry?
- How to stop automatic restart: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, XP
- How to disable or enable the Encrypting File System: Windows
- How to show desktop icons in Windows 10
- How to add the Run command to Start menu: Windows 11,10,8.1
- How to show the preview pane: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
- Start Windows computer in safe mode: via cmd, settings
- Improve your PC performance: for gaming, without formatting
- How to check the Windows version: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- Disable Windows Store: gpo, registry
- How to verify Windows license
- How to change the date and time: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- How to fix HDMI audio from laptop to TV: Windows 11,10,8,7
- Disable print spooler service: in domaine controllers
- How to create desktop shortcuts: Windows 11,10,8,7
- Change computer system language: Windows 7, Windows 10
- How to change the default OS in dual boot: Windows 11,10,8,7
- How to allow or block access to Microsoft Store in Windows
- How to reduce data usage: Windows 11, 10
- Disable touchpad: when mouse is connected, Windows 10
- How to disable or enable Autoplay: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- How to recover your Windows password with Lazesoft?
- How to fix a blue screen on Windows
- How to turn off the camera on Windows
- How to share files between two Windows PCs?
- Enable automatic sign-in: on Windows 10, 8, 7
- How to turn off Firewall: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7
- How to backup Windows data: with .bat
- Best apps to update your Windows drivers
- Enable admin account in Windows 7, 8, 10
- How to change desktop icons in Windows
- How to create a Resource Monitor shortcut: Windows 10, 8, 7
- How to fix a Windows Update failure
- How to defragment: Windows 11, 10, 8.1
- How to disable Save a copy of sent messages in Windows Live
- Unable to install .NET Framework Error Message 0xc8000222
- How to open the Control Panel: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- Windows CLIP command
- HAL is missing in Windows
- Safely Remove Hardware icon missing in Windows
- MSOCache delete
- Disc boot failure Windows