Computer beeps when trying to start up

Closed
Wecks - Aug 4, 2009 at 08:19 PM
 wecks - Aug 6, 2009 at 08:24 PM
Hello,

my 3 yr old son managed to get on the computer unattended and now it won't start up without beeping. i have a dell computer and when i try to power it on, it beeps continuously and won't boot. i can stop the beeping by pressing ctrl, alt and eventually it will boot up. When I get in and open a spreadsheet or email it is like the cursor is constantly moving to the right. I drag it back and it goes all the way to the right again.

Any ideas??
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 5, 2009 at 04:36 AM
hello Sir,

Just remove the mouse if it's a USB one,

And plug it back,

Or

You can try restoring your computer to an earlier date when your computer was working normally

To do System Restore: Press F8 when the Computer starts after bios check, then select Safe Mode,
1.Click Start.
2.Point to All Programs.
3.Point to Accessories.
4.Point to System Tools.
5.Click System Restore.
Choose a date when your computer was working fine, then press Next Let the process to be done then the computer will restart normally.

hope this will work

Thanks
i have a wireless mouse. I don't think that is the problem. I have a continuous beep and pressing control alt at the same time is the only thing that will allow the machine to boot up. i noticed when it is beeping there are numbers lit up on the front of the hard drive. When it finally boots it is a cyclinder picture that lights up. don't know if that means anything.