Safe from Keyloggers?

Closed
Bri - Aug 4, 2009 at 11:39 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Sep 1, 2009 at 08:08 AM
My sister found out that she had a keylogger on her computer. My other sister used her computer to do banking etc. What I would like to find out is if my sister uses a different computer to change her passwords for her banking etc. would she be safe from the keylogging that was done on the first computer? Say, if someone were to get into her bank account, and she changed the password, they wouldn't be able to get back in again if she changed it from a different computer?
Related:

1 response

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 1, 2009 at 08:08 AM
if you went to a different computer and changed the security details etc then yes you/she would be safe from the previous keylogging.

what your sister needs to do is install a reputable internet security software on her system. Kaspersky has a piece of software to prevent that sort of thing when carrying out sensitive stuff on line etc. it has a virtual keyboard which the user uses when entering passwords etc. the key logging software cannot pick this up as all it sees is a mouse click. but not what the mouse is clicking on.

hope that helps