Pc will turn on but not boot!

Closed
jonathanny - Aug 7, 2009 at 06:43 AM
CyborgCop Posts 48 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2009 - Aug 25, 2009 at 11:40 PM
yelp... similar problem (writein this message on wii internet) my computer turns on! for 1second all theater capslock, scroll lock, and numlock come on and go off a second later, then nothing happens, screen wont show anthing and the keyboard wont light up! all the fans are on! it has been repaired twice in the 5years we have had it! if i can`t repair it now bymyself its getting scrapped lol... shame becasuse its lasted a long time!!

its got windows xp home,

i have read Similar problems and most say to replace the rom!!!!! or the mobo! if that is the case!! how do i know what im looking at??? thanx for your help!!!!!
Related:

1 response

CyborgCop Posts 48 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2009 12
Aug 25, 2009 at 11:40 PM
if you've had it for 5 years.. Maybe the power supply went bad or it's clogged with dust. But y eah .. might want to just get a new one. Less hassle... and the new computers will be so much faster.