Pin 4 Molex 12v Power connecter

Closed
7902065451080 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday August 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 7, 2009 - Aug 7, 2009 at 04:09 AM
 Nicolasman - Sep 6, 2010 at 02:32 PM
Hello, My power supply gave in. I bought a new power supply 450watts for a Dell GX620 machine.
The problem that I have is that when I plugin all the plugs the computer doesn't even come on. When I pull out the Pin 4 Molex 12v Power connecter the computer starts the fan and the power supply starts to run. The Motherboard led is yellow. Once I plug in the 4 pin on the motherboard the computer stops immediatly. I checked the motherboard and there are no signs of burning. I plug the 4 pin out the start the computer nothing happens on the monitor it's like the computer doesn't boot.
I just want to find out what can be the problem.
Please help
Related:

3 responses

CyborgCop Posts 48 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2009 12
Aug 25, 2009 at 11:43 PM
can't say for sure.. But I think Dell uses custom power supplies; which could be your problem..

or maybe you knocked something loose when you changed power supplies..

Do research on your computer and about your problem and see if anyone else has the same problem and what their solutions were.
Check out if it's sctually a molex plug. Dell were using something that looked like a molex plug but wasn't. As CyborgCop said, Dell were using custom power supplies.
I have the same problem, please help!!