Can someone help me fix my microphone problem

Closed
kieyrofl Posts 2 Registration date Friday August 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 7, 2009 - Aug 7, 2009 at 06:46 PM
kieyrofl Posts 2 Registration date Friday August 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 7, 2009 - Aug 7, 2009 at 07:37 PM
Hello,
I recently just formatted my PC, and everything seems to work fine, except my microphone.

The headset still recieves audio, but when i speak on ventrillo, my mic seems to play the sounds i am hearing to the people listening, instead of my voice. And on msn, there is just nothing.
I have looked around all over windows and in the volume controls etc, and the solution is just beyond me, i am honestly baffled.

I have looked on internet set up tutorials but they seem to show options that are not in my options or greyed out so i cannot alter them.
e.g:
one tutorial i saw, had an option called "microphone" in the volume control tab, but the cloest thing i have to that is "MIC volume" which is greyed out to me, i can't alter it in any way.

Failing to solve the problem, if there is a way to restore the default audio settings, that would also be helpful, as i have changed and ticked and unticked so much i have lost track on what i have changed. I think i may have just created new problems for myself.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Related:

2 responses

You probably need to reinstall the driver for your microphone, that sounds like the issue

Also, make sure any and all penises are removed from your mouth, ears and butthole
kieyrofl Posts 2 Registration date Friday August 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 7, 2009 1
Aug 7, 2009 at 07:37 PM
well that made me laugh