Dv6000

Closed
sweetgirl - Aug 10, 2009 at 12:38 AM
saturnrocks Posts 20 Registration date Wednesday November 5, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2009 - Sep 23, 2009 at 05:16 AM
Hello,

I have a HP dv6000 and wireless card is not working! I need all the help i can get because i am not computer savvy. hopefully there is a fix because i have been using an external usb wireless card and it isn't fun! Thanks a million!
sweetgirl

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 10, 2009 at 03:30 AM
Hello Sweetgirl,

All you will have to is to use your Driver CD, and install the WIFI device driver on the laptop!

Or you can download the driver from the HP official WEBSITE:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/pfinder?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&tool=&query=+HP+dv6000

Select the exact model of your laptop and download the driver needed

Thanks
thanks for your help fea_ture. I don't know if I just really don't know what i'm doing or what but i downloaded the Broadcam Wireless LAN Driver for microsoft windows vista and did the whole setup and everything. I restarted my computer and nothing changed......so i dunno if i did something wrong or if it just didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions? I am at a loss and just not sure what to do now....??
saturnrocks Posts 20 Registration date Wednesday November 5, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2009 5
Aug 11, 2009 at 12:39 AM
Hello,

First u have to check whether wireless card r detected r not. to see this go to start>run> then type "devmgmt.msc"..then enter.. it will shows device manager window. in that see under network adapters for wireless card... if u find it with marked with yellow question mark, then wireless card is detected but driver is not installed. u have to install the driver... If u cant find wireless card in that, then it is not detected. check and tell.

thanks
ok......so i checked in my device management..........and checked under network adapters and the only thing under it is NVIDIA nForce 10/100 mbps Ethernet. It didn't have a yellow question mark or anything. so i clicked on it and chose properties and it said device is working properly. I had it check for updates and update driver. I thought maybe it would work after that but.....nothing. I guess I am really dumb or something. Please help if you can! Thanks!
sweetgirl
saturnrocks Posts 20 Registration date Wednesday November 5, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2009 5 > sweetgirl
Sep 23, 2009 at 05:16 AM
Hai sweetgirl,

If u cant see the wireless card in device manager, then the system is unable to detect the card. May be the problem is with wireless card. Have u notice the taskbar? hav u seen the icon same like lan adapter? k, if u have the warranty, then u deal with HP. if possible mail ur system configuration to my mail ID. sathishkumar.hweng@gmail.com.

Bye