How to formet pendrive containing virus

Closed
pandu sammi - Aug 14, 2009 at 04:20 AM
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 - Aug 14, 2009 at 05:55 AM
Hello,
hi i wan t know how to formet my pendrive having virus . when i put it my pc its going very slow frequntly my pc was struked y i dont know while i'm going to formet that tells u are not having not ride to formet and i want rename means it says volume label was wrong waht can i do plz tell me my pendrive is kingston 4GB
Related:

1 response

aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
Aug 14, 2009 at 05:55 AM
Hi,
To disinfect your pendrive, you should :
1) download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
2) Double-click on Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow the instructions that will appear.
Note that some security programs will flag Flash_Disinfector as being some sort of malware, you can safely ignore these warnings
3) The utility will ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
4) Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
5) Reboot your computer when done.

This tool features are :
1) Scanning the drive and/or other removable drives for infection
2) It creates a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drives plugged in when you ran it thus becareful to not delete this folder.
3) It will help protect your drives from future infection

Best regards