Having a problem with my desktop

Closed
willie - Aug 16, 2009 at 10:13 AM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Aug 23, 2009 at 05:20 AM
Hello,
every since windows antivirus pro has gotten on my pc i can not use my desktop.i tryed cleaning the harddrive no good. i tryed to download the uninstaller but it will not install. so i went to use the windows xp os to install it again but when i put the disk in it goes to dianostic, i tryed F11 same thing. F12 same thing. i need your help please.my desktop is Dell Dimension E510. and my os is windows xp home edition
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 17, 2009 at 09:33 AM
Dear Sir,

I will advise you to format the computer and install a fresh windows

Just use the Windows XP installation disc to proceed

Thanks
you miss understand i have avast been ysing it for a while its great. but i got a email from who i thought was my cousin wirh a link thae said windows abtivirus pro. once i open the email and click the link thinking it was from my cousin it attached itself to my pc. now i cannot even get to my email.i called my cousin and he said someone hacked his pc and has been sending that out to everyone om hislist. mean while i can not open any files. and the installation CD does not work. i have tryed everything i know.
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183 > willie
Aug 18, 2009 at 08:43 PM
Ok. bummer.
right, if you go to this link.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-antivirus-pro

Obviously you are going to need another pc because the one you were using will have been infected, preventing normal use of the pc.

the link gives a good description of how to get rid of the offending beast.

I would also look to consider changing your Antivirus software to one of the other internet security ones. They have email checking and are pretty good at stopping stuff before they take hold.
i did the format and when i tryed to install the os with the disk the moniter just keeps reading, bootmgr is missing so where do i go from here? and thanks for your help so far.
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183 > willie
Aug 22, 2009 at 03:53 PM
is the os disk you are useing bootable?
have you set your computer to boot from cd?
On some computers htting f9 brings up a boot menu. allowing you to select cdrom to boot from.

you may need to go into bios to set the boot order.
willie > sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010
Aug 22, 2009 at 05:55 PM
ok i press F9 like you said and hears whatit says.Alert! os install mode enabled. amount of available memory limited to 256MB, strike F@ key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility. no matter what i do iys always the same. and thanks for all your help.
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Aug 18, 2009 at 02:48 PM
as olfo81 has suggested, only way to go.

and then you need to get one of the more recognised Antivirus software installed.

a few sugestions are:
kasersky internet security ( my prefered software)
Eset Nod32 internet security (have used, is pretty good)
Macafee (not used recently)
Panda (not Used)
AVG (this has a free virsion)

You need to install one immediately after you have finished installing your operating system and before you put anything else on there. and cirtainly the very least before you go online for the first time.
thanks for the info. that brings my second problem rright now i'm writting with this laptop only problem here is the DVD Rom tray does not work, and by me dealing with this cancer there is no money for me to update the driver. as you know everything is buy buy buy.i found out its not woeking when i tryed to download i386 to disk. i guess if it wasn't for problems we would not have anything to do.