My hp laptop cannot use direct power

Closed
niv - Aug 17, 2009 at 03:51 AM
CyborgCop Posts 48 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2009 - Aug 25, 2009 at 11:15 PM
Hello,
i hav a problem with my hp laptop.The problem began a few months back.whenever the laptop is on, it uses up the power from the battery even when its on charge.after about an hour, the laptop just shuts down an cannot use direct power from the sockets.it doesn't alarm me before it goes off.it just shuts down. i have to charge it when its off, then put it on and use is for about an hour then it goes off again.
what could the problem be? at one time i even reset the power options to never, but still this cud not help. somebody please help. thanks.
Related:

1 response

CyborgCop Posts 48 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2009 12
Aug 25, 2009 at 11:15 PM
can't say.. but I had $2000 labtop.. And both the batteries I had for it.. wouldn't work... One never worked and I paid $100 for it.. And the other one stopped after 6 months or a year.

My answer for this nonsense is.. Labtops are cheap.. And they don't build them to last. Do yourself a favor and don't spend too much money on them. And you should be okay..

Perhaps the wiring on the inside got messed somehow.. Another labtop I had the drive stopped reading a lot of disks and it was going to cost like $300 to get it fixed. So really.. Depends on what you use the labtop for.

Why not just get a netbook. Or a desktop.