Formatting hard drive

Closed
Kessie Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 17, 2009 - Aug 17, 2009 at 07:39 AM
Kessie Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 17, 2009 - Aug 17, 2009 at 02:27 PM
Hello,
I have 2 200gb hard drives on my xp machine, my problem is this... I installed Linux originally on my D drive windows was on my C drive, had it like this for ages so it was duel booting don't even know how this was messed up but I couldn't boot into anything so I reinstalled xp but somehow ended up on my D drive I think thing was this is the bit I had backup of complete drive on Acronis so thinking this would solve my problem I restored it but that went on my C drive and won't boot into windows. Ok now I have duel boot of windows xp the D drive boots ok so I thought I coulnow format C to get rid of the windows that won't boot but I can't it won't let me.... Help!
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 17, 2009 at 09:39 AM
hello there,

All you must do now is to remove the D: drive and then format the C: drive,

Just set the D: drive on primary and C: on secondary

THanks
Kessie Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 17, 2009
Aug 17, 2009 at 02:27 PM
Hi
Have looked and tried to do what you ask me to do but format and everything else are not highlighted getting quite frustrating now windows xp is booting up ok on drive D but I would like it on drive C oh well if you do have any more ideas please please let me know, Thanks heaps though must be something I can do?