Wireless pc unable to go online

Closed
mistur_626 - Jul 13, 2008 at 12:11 PM
 Vipin - Jan 17, 2009 at 04:47 PM
Hello, there i am frustrated with the process i have to do in order to go online.
I have a dlink wda-2320 range booster wireless antenna. When the computer boots up it says its connected.(to a linksys broadband router wrt54g) i have set up a static ip address in the range of the routers IP. But what happens is i'm unable to go online. I check the status for the wireless under activity the packets are being sent but none are being received.
So what i have to do is disable the wireless connection from network places. then re-enable it in order for the internet to work.... What can cause this to happen?? any ideas or has anybody have or had the same problem?? FYI i am running windows xp sp2 with an hp pavilion amd athlon (tm) XP 1600+ which only runs at 1.39Ghz with 1 gig of pc-2100 ram.
Related:

2 responses

This is a browser issue that may involve but not limited too the firewall and browser permission settings.
Hi,

This is because the Security key or encryption key doesnt match with the router. Instead of using a static IP use it as obtain IP automatically. You will now get an auto configuration IP: 169.254.x.x. Please match your wireless setting and you will get an IP: 192.168.x.x. You will be connected to the internet.