Software Recovery From A Crash

Closed
c_foott Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 24, 2009 - Aug 24, 2009 at 11:00 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Aug 26, 2009 at 05:19 PM
Hello,
I'm trying to figure out how to recover a music program from my crashed computer. I took it to best buy to see if they could help. After a 100 dollars for them to look at it, they told me that it crashed and they could do a recovery for 160 bucks. I told them to shove it. Do I really have to by a software program or have Geek Squad do it for me? Or is there a way I can do it on my own.
Related:

1 response

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Aug 26, 2009 at 05:19 PM
when you say you want to recover a music program, do you mean a music file.?

there is software out there, I can point you in the right direction, that are simple to use.

all you need is a PC with a CDrom and a blank drive the same size or larger than the drive you are recovering.

connect both HDDs upto the PC ensure that you know which is which.
Boot pc from cdrom with recovery software on it.
load up the program and follow the instructions. you just tell it what drive you want recovered and where you want the data save to and press go. leave the program running over night, it s a slow process depending on size of hdd.

I had reason to do this after accidently formatting a 160gb hdd. I managed to recover nearly all of the data on it.

so, if you are willing to give it a go let us know and i'll point you in the direction of the software.