Broke my computer

Closed
mary - Aug 29, 2009 at 04:48 PM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 30, 2009 at 03:41 PM
Hello,
I have a dell dimension 4700 family computer the hard drive crashed about 6 months ago was still under warrenty they came out replaced my hard drive told me to install software done that i took my old hard drive to see if we could recover the pictures because i didn't make a backup copy not very smart let me note anyways we was able to recover my pictures 16 gig so it was put on dvd's instead of cd's when i tryed to put them in my dell to go throught my computer would not run the dvd but my daughter watches dvd's all the time on the computer so i thought i would go throught my software make sure i didn't forget to install something well when i put the microsoft windows XP professional service pack 2 in it started to install so i thought i had forgot to install this so of course i know nothing about a computer so i let it now when i turn on the computer it askes me to log in i do that then a mesg. pops up that says this copy of windows must be activated with microsoft before you log on do want to activate now yes or no when i click yes the only thing it will show me is my backround nothing else i called dell waited for 40min to talk to someone to be told i would have to pay 49.99 i just payed 160 to recover my pictures i don't have more money to pay can anyone help me please

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 30, 2009 at 03:41 PM
Hi,

I think that you must just activate your Microsoft office to do that you just have to put the licence key of your product.

If you do not have the Cd. contact your vendor.

Regards;

DB