How can i get my display adapter driver

Closed
Arya - Sep 4, 2009 at 02:10 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Sep 6, 2009 at 12:39 PM
Hello,
After formatting my hard disk and re-installing WindowsXP, the resolution has now become very low. There is no option in the Display Settings to increase it. I think it is for the Display Adapter. And will be fixed if the Display Adapter Driver is installed. But with what name will I search it over the internet? Please help..
Related:

2 responses

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 6, 2009 at 12:39 PM
if your computer is an oem computer ie hp, compaq, dell etc then go to their website.
But if your computer is a home built machine then you need to find the motherboard details make and model. then go to the motherboard manufacture site and get the downloads from their.

(pentium 4 just means its a pentium 4 processor )

you need to pop the lid off the side and have a look at the motherboard. there will be a number in white on it somwhere.

or, you can download a piece of software called belarc advisor (from their website - google it)

install it and run it it will tell you what hardware you have and tell you what your mother board is.

when done, pop back here and we'll help further.
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 4, 2009 at 02:12 PM
go to the website of your computer manufacturer, there will be a support page, just download all the drivers relating to your model. install them and that should sort your problem.
Thankyou for your post.. Well I have something to ask about the "website of your computer manufacturer". Does that mean website of intel pentium (my PC is pentium 4)? Its assembled actually..