Error msg system restore disabled by group

Closed
helpless123 - Sep 10, 2009 at 10:29 PM
 hi99ins - Jan 12, 2010 at 05:46 PM
Hello,
Please help me someone!!! I have been trying for 2 wks now to fix this. I keep getting an error msg system restore has been turned off by group policy, to turn on contact your domain administrator. I just can't access my system restore at all and have tried several things people have suggested. Cant get REGEDIT to come up it is disabled by admin, no registry tool comes up at all using any method, reg.exe doesn't work...listen at this.....it pulls up the black window for a split second then disappears it. It's like a flash then gone. I don't have a system restore tab in my system properties dialog box. I cant open a task manager it's also disabled. I have windows XP home and Internet Exp7.0. None of the previous methods have worked. Please someone help me, I need to get this fixed.
Related:

5 responses

I have tried all the options available to me. I am the owner of the cpu and have been since I purchased it via my credit card. I live with two 4.5lb chihuahua's and unless the are able to do technical stuff I'm still lost. No one esle should be an administrator on this cpu. I did have viruses about 3 months ago and cleaned cpu up and changed virus support to Avira Antivirus, how ever it's deifinitely not treating my cpu like the old AVG did. I currently get warnings of trojans. Such as TR/dopper, or TR/crypt.2pack.Gen, TR/Dldr.stration.Gen, TR/PCK.Krap.2.41, and BUZUS.bxsx. all of which or trojan virus related. I deny them, delete them, move to quarantine and still they pop back up. I have logged on as the admin in the system restore back door and still get the same error msg. Plz Plz help me someone
I have tried all the options available to me. I am the owner of the cpu and have been since I purchased it via my credit card. I live with two 4.5lb chihuahua's and unless the are able to do technical stuff I'm still lost. No one esle should be an administrator on this cpu. I did have viruses about 3 months ago and cleaned cpu up and changed virus support to Avira Antivirus, how ever it's deifinitely not treating my cpu like the old AVG did. I currently get warnings of trojans. Such as TR/dopper, or TR/crypt.2pack.Gen, TR/Dldr.stration.Gen, html/infected.webpage.Gen, TR/PCK.Krap.2.41, and BUZUS.bxsx. all of which or trojan virus related. I deny them, delete them, move to quarantine and still they pop back up. I have logged on as the admin in the system restore back door and still get the same error msg. Plz Plz help me someone
have a look in windows\system32\drivers and see if you have any new drivers dated around the infection time...deleting them is only possible with Bart PE or similar or from a cmd prompt when NOT booted to the OS
jademartin Posts 8 Registration date Wednesday April 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2009
Sep 11, 2009 at 07:02 AM
helpless123 dont become helpless and ask network administrator to solve this for you, or just get the administrator password lol.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Sep 11, 2009 at 06:35 AM
hi there,

if you are not the computer administrator

you should contact them and ask to release those services

as its may be a restriction set for users

Thanks