Lastest Flash Player

Closed
computergenuisNOT Posts 2 Registration date Monday July 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 22, 2008 - Jul 22, 2008 at 10:48 AM
 jioyyy - Feb 8, 2010 at 06:37 AM
Hello,

Here we go. I've read through other questions/solutions that are very simliar to mine, and tried them, but it's not working for me. So I've copied and pasted the windows that pop up to tell you what you are doing wrong. This all started when I wanted to view a video of my daughter on Facebook. I get this --------This page contains content that requires the latest version of Flash Player. You must update Flash Player for Facebook to work correctly.----------- So I go to the 'designated site' and click all the buttons I'm suppose to click and I get this.-----Network error. Please check your internet connection and try again---------which was from Adobe. Why would I need to check my internet connection when I'm on the internet and it's working fine? I made sure that my pop-up blocker was disabled, just in case and I tried the flash player repair that you had suggested for someone else. Help. This will probably have something to do with my problem. About 6 months ago, I tried to download IE7. Some how, some way, it did not complete the download, so I had part of IE7 and part of IE6. At least that is what I was told when I called the Compaq help number. I would like to get rid of all of 6 and complete dowloading IE7. I'm not through yet.....this added to my problem because everytime I would have an automatic update, I would have no browser of any kind so I couldn't get on the internet. So I disable the automatic updates and would check every week or so and let the update complete itself. How did I eventually get on the internet after the updates occured originally and I lost my browser, you might ask....I would have to go into System Restore and select a date when I had a browser/internet. I know this is horried, and I know enough just to be dangerous, but all in all I just want to download IE7, get rid of IE6, put it back on automatic updates, and I think it would solve my problem with the flash player. Thaaaaaaank you.
Related:

7 responses

I want this to see videos in my facebook
they anit giving what i want
ziggy7 Posts 117 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 7, 2009
Jul 22, 2008 at 11:02 AM
hi computergeniusnot,so u are looking for a good flash player so just try adope as it is very reliable and u can get it at this link my friend;www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer ,so just enjoy;-)
computergenuisNOT Posts 2 Registration date Monday July 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 22, 2008
Jul 22, 2008 at 11:40 AM
Ziggy, thank you for replying. I went to the website you sent me, but I keep getting the same message that I had mentioned in my first letter.....something about my internet connection.
JK > computergenuisNOT Posts 2 Registration date Monday July 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 22, 2008
Jan 7, 2009 at 10:33 AM
Hello,
I was having the same problem and what I did was reinstalled flash player 8 and my videos run just fine. I do realize that this is not a solution, but you will be able to view your videos. I also found a reply that said you need to put some code in to make 9 or 10 function. Did not want to go there, I just want it to work so that all our videos can be viewed.

If you find another solution it would be greatly appreciated.

JK
thanks ziggy7 for the informaton " install the genuine Flash Player" , I checked the website u gave, I tried it & it worked...Good job 10x a million.
aykobam > NEO
May 31, 2009 at 03:17 AM
Can you please give me the website that work well for installing genuine adobe flash player. I have tried for days with no result.
Appreciate you if you can help.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I had the exact same problem. My computer had automatic updates turned on so it was randomly updating. Internet explorer was working before the update then it stopped working after it was done installing. I had to system restore and never added any of the twenty or so updates after. Maybe that has something to do with it. I tried installing flash and it wouldn't work, it said the same exact thing as you, so if you look at the updates maybe you can manually install certain ones.
gbhugugu
hnuhuihi