My computer cannot read my USB

Closed
HELPME - Sep 26, 2009 at 01:05 PM
 Habba babba - Oct 6, 2010 at 09:30 PM
Hello,
This is different that my computer not being able to read my USB. You see, the option of clicking on an icon representing my USB is not even there. I plug in my USB or external hard drive and they flash their "on" light for a few seconds then go off. No symbol appears for me to click and access my drive. On the tool bar on the lower right hand corner, the Safely Remove Hardware appears there, but I tried going there and clicking stuff but nothing helped. What can I do so my laptop can read USB drives again?
Related:

3 responses

Mwanasoft Posts 57 Registration date Sunday May 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2010 26
Sep 28, 2009 at 03:37 AM
Hi,

You can try to do the following to see if it is going to work. I have a few suggestion, may be they are going to work, so why don't you try them.

Insert the USB and then restart your machine while the device is connected to your machine, windows will install the device while booting and you might find this in the boot log file.

Open device manager and under universal serial bus controller, expand it and uninstall all the devices under USB Controller, then restart your computer and insert your device and see if it is going to be detected.

Thank you.
``````````
My comp. does the same thing its a bit old and i've been trying to update it but i need the usb drive to function to do so
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 27, 2009 at 04:09 AM
hi there,

you will have to make an update

of your chipset

Thanks