MY PC TURNS OFF DURING XP INSTALLATION

Closed
RAY999 - Oct 2, 2009 at 06:10 AM
GringoC Posts 1 Registration date Monday March 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 22, 2010 - Mar 22, 2010 at 12:33 PM
Hello, I HAVE PROBLEM WITH MY LAPTOP I AM TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS XP PRO AND WHEN I GET TO THE OPTION OF EXAMIN DISK IT TURNS OFF.BUT IF TURN IT ON WITHOUT CD AND LEAVE IT, IT DOESNT WHICH MEANS ITS SOFTWARE PROBLE .PLEASE HELP ME I AM DESPERATE I DO ALL MY UNIVERSITY WORK ON MY COMPUTER.HEEEEELLLLLP???????????????????????????????????????
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 2, 2009 at 06:30 AM
Dear Sir,

Make sure that the installation cd that you are actually using is an original copy.

This burnt copy of the cd might be the reason for the PC to shut down.

Yet it might also be from bad hard drive quality or power supply issue.

Hope that this information has been useful for solving your problem.

Thank you.
RAY999 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday October 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2009
Oct 2, 2009 at 06:33 AM
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY SIR. MY COPY OF WINDOWS XP IS ORIGINAL IS THERE ANY POSSIBLE WAY OF FORMATING MY COMPUTER WITHOUT CD LIKE GOING ON CMD PLEASE . PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN I CANT AFFORD TO TAKE IT TO A TECNITION.THANKS
I have also the same problem.I think it's in the BIOS.but there is a pass word ,in my lap.but check in your.
GringoC Posts 1 Registration date Monday March 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 22, 2010
Mar 22, 2010 at 12:33 PM
Had problems with XP SP3, original problem was a virus, reformatted HD, Reloaded XP performed all the required updates machine ran fine until I asked it to do any labor intensive work. Things ran then would re boot, would then boot up funny, screen freezing etc. looking like another virus at times. Because I was working with replacing a lot of software assumed it was software related, even blamed my printer software as that was being flagged in the event viewer.

Someone here had mentioned a hardware possibility and possibly heat related. I remembered having similar problems a long while ago with another machine. I checked my heat sink apparatus for problems and the restraining carriage fell apart in my hands. The plastic due to age and heat became brittle and was severely cracked. The Heat sink was making enough contact that the CPU was not heating during low work apps but when you went to do work it over heated. Looking at the heat paste it was dry and indicating that it was barely doing its function.

I rebuilt the heat sink restraint, re-pasted and tested and thus far all is running perfect.

I am not saying this will solve for everyone the problemss but for me it was hardware, and in particular the heat sink. Something to check, even if it looks to be fine.