XP Volume default level keeps changing

Closed
Allgonequiet - Oct 2, 2009 at 11:21 AM
 allgonequiet - Oct 22, 2009 at 04:03 AM
Hello,

I am using a microphone with Soundmax HD Audio on windows XP every time I reboot the default volume level changes to minimum and I have to manaully change the settings. How can I set the default volume level to be at the top end of the scale
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 4, 2009 at 03:24 AM
Dear Sir,

The solution to your problem is very easy.

Please get to the sound control panel and change the settings of the default sound properties.

Hence the changes will automatically save itself.

The volume control will no more reset to default at boot up.

Thanks in advance.
I've changed the volumes but everytime I reboot they go back to the bottom of the scale, any ideas?
v96816 > allgonequiet
Oct 19, 2009 at 02:34 PM
I also have had this same problem in Recording Control, my balance and Volume level on Stereo Mixer never stayed at center after rebooting. I got it to keep my settings as default by doing the following:

1. Make a major adjustment to the items I wanted changed (balance to extreme left, volume all the way up), then close the Recording Control.
2. Reboot.
3. Make the desired adjustment to the items I wanted to change (balance to center, volume to about 25%), then close Recording Control.
4. Reboot and check.

So far, it's worked for me! I guess the mixers 'ignore' minor changes... Good luck!
I am having the same prob 2 ive tried everything
Thanks for the tips. It seemed the problem was that the default level changed but my voice dictation software was starting on reboot and it was this that was altering the volume. Maybe you have an application in startup that is causing the problem. Go to run and type in msconfig and see what is in startup