Recycling bin does not keep files in

Solved/Closed
raqueluca - Oct 4, 2009 at 03:36 PM
 Joe - Jul 1, 2010 at 08:09 PM
Hello,
when I deleted items my bin would keep them till I completly deleted them form the bin, but now, I delete them today and tomorrow they are not there. I have had a look at the bin preferences and the 'delete files aoutomatically' is not able. what is the problem? why is my bin doing this now? thank you
Related:

4 responses

Mwanasoft Posts 57 Registration date Sunday May 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2010 26
Oct 5, 2009 at 03:33 AM
Hi,

This might be a solutions to your posted problem with the recycle-bin.
You can change the global configuration to your recycle bin in such a way items are removed immediately after being deleted in the recycle bin. Secondly you can change Display delete configuration dialog box, to be inactive meaning when you delete items you don't get that dialog box confirming delete.

So try this:

Change the global configuration to move items to the recycle bin after delete and to not remove items to the recycle bin. To do:

Right-Click the Recycle bin and select properties.
In the property dialog box, click the global tab, and do the following:

Under use one settings for all drives (I.e if the radio button is selected), clear the check where you'll see 'Do not move items to the recycle bin. Remove files immediately when deleted.

If each drive is configured independently;
Click on the tab with the drive name and do the following:
Clear the check where you'll see 'Do not move items to the recycle bin. Remove files immediately when deleted.

Thank you and Have a wonderful day.
Thank you for your advice. I am afraid I had tried that one before and the bin is still deleting by itself. It seems to be deleting the files while the computer is off, becouse if I send stuff to the bin now it will remain there till I shut down. If I restart is when the stuff in the bin has disappeared. Any ideas why is this happening?
Mwanasoft Posts 57 Registration date Sunday May 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2010 26
Oct 8, 2009 at 02:43 AM
Hi,

I guess you should look at the start-up folder in the start-menu, just to make sure you don't have anything that will execute this command i.e empty recycle bin or will trigger.

According to what you say it's like it delete items in the recycle bin when the computer starts. So to me i believe it something to do with start-up.

Why don't you try one of the following:

Check the start-up option to make sure no application, shortcut or script can perform this task.

Open the system configuration utility and do one of the following:

Go to start up tab and uncheck any start up item that might perform this task.
Go to General tab and select Diagnostic start-up (in the start up selection section[frame])
Apply and Close.

Restart your system and check to see whether they are still deleted or not.

To open System Configuration Utility
Click the start button and then run and type msconfig and then OK.

Have a beautiful day and enjoy!!!
When I delete document it does not go to recycle bin. Where do they go and I am using window XP?