I Can't get access to the files in my Flash D

Closed
Vic - Oct 16, 2009 at 04:48 PM
 Reighly - Manila - Oct 16, 2009 at 05:10 PM
Hello, I recently installed a new Avira Antivirus on my computer and when I pluged in my Flash disk the anti-virus picked-up viruses on my flash disk, when it asked what action I should follow I clicked delete. After that I tried to open the flah disk but it showed there was nothing in it. When I went to properties it showed me it was three quarters full. I then ran a full scan and during the scan I could actually see the names of files and folders in it. The problem now is I don't know if it is corrupt and I have contempleted formating the disk but I don't want to lose the information. How best can I solve this problem?
Related:

1 response

Reighly - Manila
Oct 16, 2009 at 05:10 PM
Hi It is not actually deleted,
some of the Anti-virus like what you have avira or the old avast, make that that file Hidden..that is because it is being determine that it has some malicius code so to avoid you from opening it, it was been change to hidden files..before you do make sure you try to re scan your flash drive with different antivirus. go to explorer tools select folder options choose show hidden files, scan the files again before opening it...

cheers