Impossible Wireless issue...

Closed
SkyFireVII - Oct 24, 2009 at 08:41 AM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Oct 24, 2009 at 09:07 AM
Hello,

please help ... i have this complex setup at home and now the modem/router adsl2+ thing broke

no problem right? buy a new one, plug it in and away you go...

not so...my computer can connect to it okay in everyway...wired and wireless..internet works fine

BUT other laptops can connect to the SSID wireless BUT not connect to the internet?

also some other wired computers can't access the internet BUT at the same time my laptop is unaffected

any ideas? i have tried no wep or passwords, changed name SSID etc but so far those other comps can't connect but before i installed the new router/modem it was working fine for as many as 8 laptops before this

does versions of windows have t do with anything? cause its seems that the english versions connect fine but the ones i'm testing have asian windows or something, everything s where its meant to be but even after entereing the correct wep code, it won;t connect to internet?? this is really bothering me...please help

must be setting issues...the modem router thing is a netgear DG834G with a stupid WPS thing i know nothing about...i blame that

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Oct 24, 2009 at 09:07 AM
hi there,

enter their mac address in the router access

and try to browse

Thanks