How can I copy Data to Payslips

Closed
Sher - Oct 25, 2009 at 10:39 AM
 sher - Oct 28, 2009 at 09:09 AM
Hello,

I am a basic excel user, I need to copy the 4 cells of deduction side of salary sheet to another sheet of Payslips in one row but in different cells with one command. At the moment I can copy but one cell at a time which take hours to get 150 employees payslips.

My friends, I need your help

2 responses

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Oct 25, 2009 at 08:39 PM
are deduction cells continuous cells? can you post a very small extract of your salary sheet and payslip sheet with some fictitious data.
Dear Venkat,

Thanks for reply. The cells are continuous, I mean they are laying in same row, for example:

The Salary sheet is like:

Gross Pay I.Tax Deduction SESSI deduction Loan Deduction Provident Fund Deduction Net Salary

The payslips sheet is like:

Gross Pay I.Tax Deduction SESSI deduction Loan Deduction Provident Fund Deduction Net Salary

The above descriptions are in different cells, I give the !salarysheet!cell no. command but it brings only one cell to payslip, then I have to give other cells commands which take time. I need a formula which bring all the deduction cells to payslip on one employee and update it every month.

I hope you will understand and please give me the tip

Thanks

Sher
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Oct 26, 2009 at 08:33 PM
1. quote
I give the !salarysheet!cell no. command
unquote
what is the command?
2. the two sheets are having the same column headings. are they in the same order in both the sheets or in different orders?

clafify
Dear clafify,

Thanks for reply,

1. the command was = Salary sheet name'!Cell no
for e.g = Tech Staff B. Acc'!R92

2 Both sheets are not having same column names and they are not in order

My friend, the above command fetch only one cell no. I want to give more than one cell no so that my time is saved but it is not accepting.

Thanks again
Sher