Very limited network connectivity

Closed
internet idiot - Oct 25, 2009 at 03:26 PM
 internet idiot - Oct 26, 2009 at 11:26 AM
Hello,
I have Acer Aspire 5335, Vista. I had IE taken off and Mozilla Firefox added. NOW I can get on the wireless internet and use Google and read my gmail. But, I cannot download anything. The speed is just tooooooo slow. When attempting to download a movie it will quit after only three or four minutes, yet I have an Excellent signal strength. Can you help me? Please !!!
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 26, 2009 at 05:36 AM
Dear Sir,

You will easily be able to solve this problem by following the instructions in the

FAQ article found below:

Repairing The Network Connection

Thanks in advance.
internet idiot
Oct 26, 2009 at 11:26 AM
Thank you for responding so quickly. I do appreciate it. The answer you gave me was for Windows XP and unfortunately I have Vista. So before I start something that not be good for me I just want to be sure that the same steps will work with Vista. I am grateful for your help, as internet for dummies is advanced reading for me. The steps looked like something that even I can do. Thank in advance for your help one more time.
I am located in a remote area of the jungle of South America and my internet is my lifeline to the outside world. You are a life saver for me. Thanks again. Internet Idiot