3 inch CD problem

Closed
Vista - Oct 27, 2009 at 09:29 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 27, 2009 at 09:35 PM
Hello,
I recently bought a DELL Inspirion desk top, the kind in which the CD/DVD holder is vertical and not horizontal.
I also have a 3" CD that I need to load in... a year's worth of anti-virus program is on it.

What is the trick for loading in a 3" disk into this vertical bay? It appears that there is a 3" indentation in the center of the regular (4.75") disk holder, but there seems to be no way to get the smaller disk to remain in the CD loading tray.

I have checked all the original packing materials to see if a special adapter came with this computer, and it did not. Is there something here I am missing?

Thanks...
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 27, 2009 at 09:35 PM
Did you try to turn the computer on its side, so the CD will not fall out? Running the PC on it's side will not harm it in any way. Just don't let it fall over.

Good thing you don't have a tray-less drive. People put those mini CDs into that type drive and completely jam them.

Good Luck