Hard drive problem

Closed
computer - Oct 28, 2009 at 01:54 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 28, 2009 at 02:05 AM
Hello,
I have a 250gb hard drive, not my computer runs great and start fine, but one of this day I was trying to load data from my external drive to my computer and it said not enough memory, so i want into my computer and check the c: drive and now computer have a d: drive for back up. But that not the problem, the problem was when I look at the memory storage it only had 50gb or room, now i check the computer and it label 250gb, i open the computer and it said on the hard drive 250gb but why is my computer only showing 50gb and not use it full use, and no i dont have 200gb of ram. I did restart the computer once, before that when looking at the memory space it did have 250gb...what could be the problem? anyone? thank for the help in advance.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 28, 2009 at 02:05 AM
Please do not confuse "memory" with hard disk size/space. If the computer says you are low on memory it is referring to the "random access memory"(RAM) that is located in the memory chips on the memory cards NOT space on your hard drive. If you have may programs open at once they each use memory and that "memory resources" can run low. You can buy more memory cards or close some of the programs that are running to avoid the problem.

Good Luck