When i press RESTART my laptop shutsdown inst

Closed
manutdstott - Nov 2, 2009 at 11:46 AM
 Acer7530Gproblem - Dec 7, 2016 at 09:32 AM
Hello,
HI all Im new to this forum hope someone can help me,
ever since i bought my laptop from new, its an acer aspire 7530 now running on windows 7, had it nearly a year,
whenever i have to restart like when we do an update or install new software etc, it just shutdowns instead and wont reboot for at least 5-10 minutes really weird,
if i press power button too early it tries to reboot lights flash, screen briefly comes on then goes off again sometime i get nothing atall. so i wait 10 mins press power button and it boots up no problem,
HELP PLEASE! MANY THANKS GUYS
Related:

5 responses

Blocked Profile
Nov 3, 2009 at 06:40 AM
Dear Sir,

Please try restarting the laptop by selecting the restart option at the start menu without

pressing the restart button. It should restart properly. I believe that the restart button is not

working properly and this is why you are facing such trouble.

Thanks in advance.
manutdstott Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 5, 2009
Nov 3, 2009 at 08:41 AM
thank you iveal, but thats what i been doing i dont have a restart button just the power button,.
I have been clicking on restart in the start/shutdown menu, or when i click on ok, for shutdown now for changes to take place after installing programmes or doing updates, it has never ever restarted whichever way i choose to restart, thanks Jay
Acer7530 User
Jan 2, 2010 at 12:51 PM
Hello !
I got same problem but not when i install programs
I got it when I play games more than an half hour
then it just shut down and I have the answer why the acer is doing this
I have sended it to their repair in Germany
and they say that Many of their Acer 7530 G has Hardware problems and I have looked around the internet for the answer on this and it is the harddisk takes more energi than the processor and when the processor don't get it´s power it takes power from the graphicscard and that may lead to a crash if the computer works too hard.
so my answer is send it to Germany . as fast as you could and pay the repair
or if you got quarantine left on it...
The graphic card is an Hybrid SLI isn't yours?
for if you have the Hybrid SLI you may have same problem I have
but there´s one hake..... " problem "
if acer don't know the problem they send you the computer back unfixed but with a new computer and
a new quarantie so you may save your files to a memory before you do all I have tell now ,,,, =)
Best Regards / Niclas Pettersson
Hi i have had my 7530 for 2 years and mine does exactly the same bloody thing!!!!! Have been told it could be a problem with motherboard.
Acer7530 User
Apr 20, 2010 at 09:55 AM
It's the CPU Fan that's is going to die soon
now I know that
... I am Acer7530 User
up in this list ....
But I had got this fixed by Acer and then I sold my computer and bought a better stationare so I hope I will not get any more problems

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Acer7530Gproblem
Dec 7, 2016 at 09:32 AM
Hey! I got excact same problem,i want to install window vista to get Hybrid SLI to work,cuz it don't with windows 8.1 :P everytime when It restarts or when I try to restart my machine it shuts down and then I have to wait like 4 minutes to make it boot windows again.
Plz help me! i really need to change my windows to make my video cards to work properly but i cant if it shuts down when install requires restart!!