Moniter Screen.

Closed
Yvee - Nov 9, 2009 at 04:52 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 10, 2009 at 01:28 PM
Hello, I've been having a problem. I was wondering if you could help. I am on my father;s laptop at the moment.
A few months ago, my computer screen has been..going weird; so to speak. It was working fine, until the screen started flickering, and then soon I was not able to see anything at all.
My father said it was the monitor, so he just changed it to an old one I had. That one, worked fine, but I started noticing flickering across my computer screen as the days went by. I kind of ignored it. I really did not think anything was wrong with it.
In the morning today, it was working fine when my dad used it, but when I got home, it was on, but the screen was just blank.
My dad thinks its just the monitor, but I think its something else entirely. I heard from a friend, that it might be the graphics card.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 10, 2009 at 01:28 PM
It might be the graphics card if two monitors have not worked. When your Dad removed the cable between the PC and the monitor he move the graphic card a small amount. This may have reestablished the internal connection between the card and the motherboard.

I suggest you open the computer case and remove the graphics card and clean the contacts with a pencil eraser.
Then reinsert the card and plug the monitor back in. This just MIGHT fix your problem

Good Luck