Hard Drive won't get recognised

Closed
Lollypop - Nov 11, 2009 at 05:13 PM
NickR Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 11, 2009 - Nov 11, 2009 at 07:57 PM
Hello,
I am at my wits end. I have an external hard drive for the last 5 months and it was working fine in my old laptop. That was a siemens laptop. I then had to get a new one and I purshased a toshiba. The hard drive will not get recognised on the computer at all. sometimes when i plug it in a windows installation window comes up but i got no software with it ti install it. It use to self install but won't do this anymore... Can somebody please help me.
Also, i am a bit clueless when it comes to computers so directions will have to be simple. Please and thanxs....
:*(
Related:

1 response

NickR Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 11, 2009
Nov 11, 2009 at 07:57 PM
When the drive is plugged in.... Right click my computer and click manage - then go to device manager on the left and see if there are any usb mass storage devices with either a red x on them or a yellow exclamation point and let me know.