Downloaded PDF files not visible [Closed]

-
 Kino-S -
Windows Vista Home Premium
IE 8

Occasionalyy, after I download a PDF file using Nitro PDF, I cannot see the file. The file download completes, but doesn't show up. However, if I go to download another file using Nitro PDF, all of the downloaded files show up in the "Save As" Windows Explorer window, just not in the regular Windows Explorer window. I can open the files from there the "Save As" window, but cannot see the files - some files saved on my Desktop, others in a folder.

It's strange because this does not happen to all the files. It also occurs on regular IE downloads, just not as frequently.

Any ideas on how to make the files visible?

Thanks

2 replies

Registration date
Wednesday May 13, 2009
Status
Last seen
March 12, 2010
hi there,

make a destination folder and save all the downloaded

files in it

Thanks
I had the same problem. I noticed that I had PDF Complete and PDF Vista to view pdf files but not Adobe Reader! I downloaded Adobe Reader and tried saving the pdf file on my desktop again. Now I can see it on my desktop and open it.

The older file names I saw before in desktop during "save process" which I couldnt see on my desktop, I still cannot see them. And they no longer exist in the directory during "save process". So, the files I downloaded before, they did not come back and appear, but at least now I can save pdf files on my desktop and find them there!

Hope this helps... Just download Adobe reader for free.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!