Connect 2hard-drives together with no interne

Closed
jacintahutton - Nov 17, 2009 at 11:28 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 17, 2009 at 11:46 PM
HEY THERE!

im 16 and not exactly a computer whizz except i know just about as much as a technician, but my mum wants to be able to connect both computers without having to buy more cables, routers etc. and i was wondering if it was possible just to put a USBcord into one hard-drive and then the other end into the sencond computers hard-drive and being able to view files etc. from the other computer wow, ive confused myself. but yeah. so in a more understandable way, like being able to view files etc. from a phone on your PC, BUT!!! your not looking at the file from a phone, instead its the other computer.

still probably didnt make sense, but can someone with major intelligence please answer me as for im no whizz and mums just too complicating. :)

ive confused myself, but um, HELP?!?!?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 17, 2009 at 11:46 PM
a USB cable will not work. You can get a "crossover" Ethernet cable (RJ45) that will connect two computers without a hub or router. That's assuming both computers have Ethernet ports. Using Windows you then use the network wizard to set up your network and then make drives or folders for sharing. It MUST be a "crossover cable" to work - a standard network cable will NOT work.

Good Luck