Why doesn't my webcam work with MSN Messenger

Closed
Arvind - Nov 18, 2009 at 03:40 AM
 Kishmet - Jun 21, 2010 at 05:01 AM
Hello,
Why doesn't my webcam work with MSN Messenger but works with everything else?
It shows a webcam and a red x beside it instead of my webcam's view...the other person's cam is working fine and we can talk but he just cant see me
Related:

10 responses

SweetCanadian
May 4, 2010 at 10:46 PM
Go into file, tools, options then personal, click the box , allow others to see i have webcam, sign out then sign back in, That should work. I've had to do this many times to fix mine. :)! Hope it helpt.
SweetCanadian
May 4, 2010 at 10:47 PM
File on msn messenger of course.
AndreasPeveus
Jun 3, 2010 at 02:55 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I have been searching for WEEKS, and it turned out to be this simple. THANK YOU!
i tried it .. still doesn't work :(
Dosent work :/
sames, mine only lets me on video when i go onto the icon ro go on normal cam it just goes onto video please HELP!:)
sweet_peaches0
Apr 29, 2010 at 08:23 PM
Close any chat or video boxes you have open. Then go to the msn messenger main box. The thing that comes up when you open messenger and it has a list of your contacts, etc.. Click the "show menu" icon (it should be at the end on the right side of the top, along the same line where you chan search contacts) Click it and select 'tools' in the drop down menu. Then click 'audo and video setup' in that drop down menu. A dialog box will open. The first page will have speaker and microphone options.. click next.. the webcam settings page will open: above the box that shows what the webcam sees there is a drop down menu. click the little arrow, there should be more than one option to choose from for the type of webcam to use. click the first one and try video chatting with someone. if they cannot see you repeat these instructions and select the other option.
OK thank you so much. I had tried installing and reinstalling msn, my webcam program, and other programs I thought were causing the problem and the solution turned out to be this simple! Thank you!
new version of msn only allows video calll dont ask me why its some new policy thing they have :S degrade to lower version
Blocked Profile
Nov 18, 2009 at 04:27 AM
Dear Arvind,

There might be some errors in the configurations. In order to detect the error,

please check out the below articles that will be really helpful to you:

How To Configure Your Webcam on MSN Messenger

MSN Sound Microphone and Video Webcam Problems

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
i dunno, well something has happend to mine, like when i go on msn i try and go on webcam and not video call but everytime i click on the webcam icon it just comes up with video :L
me too. have you fixed it?
It's time to move to yahoo messenger, i have the same problem with my sony vaio, and i looked everywhere, nobody has answer, so if microsoft doesn't want to do nothing, the better thing is change.
SweetCanadian IT WORKS THNK YOU
if you have a webcam built in this advise is no good but if you have a webcam that you plug in (shop borght )then ok ,try ajusting the front of the webcam by twisting it while talking to your friend they will say if they can see you ,it worked for me and my m8 hope it works for u xx
I am having the same problem since a new download. The cam works everywhere else.
Delia
thats whats happend to mine!
it works just not on normal cam just on video call!
Cheek if webcam is in propally