Laptop screen not coming on.

Closed
Baz - Nov 19, 2009 at 12:38 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 20, 2009 at 01:16 PM
Hello,
I am having problems after dropping my laptop.The screen cracked so i tried using a monitor but nothing appears .I have tried to reset it by turning off the laptop.I have replaced the screen and now i get on the screen that windows was not closed properly and wouldi like to start windows normally.When i select that option the screen goes blank but can hear the start up tune.When i choose the safe mode option the screen works fine.Please can someone help.
Barry Cumbria
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 20, 2009 at 01:16 PM
I suspect the WINDOWS screen resolution is set to a level that the NEW screen can't support. While in safe mode - right click on an empty area of the screen - select "properties" and then click on the Settings tab - you can then use the Screen resolution slider to change the resolution to the LESSer setting. First drag the slider to the far left and see if upon restarting the screen works.

The replacement screen is probably not the correct one for your laptop and is not fully compatible.

Good Luck